THE IDEAL CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES!
One for everyone to muck in and help with. This makes about 36 cookies so half the proportions for half the amount or, freeze half of them for later (we know! that’s never going to happen).
It’s lockdown so if you don’t have salted butter, use whatever you do have. The same goes for flour, sugar, chocolate..get savvy and raid the cupboards for bits and bobs. BUT if you need help sourcing anything for the recipe, get in touch, that’s what The Grocery List is here for!
- 130g of salted butter (softened)
- 130g of light brown sugar
- 130g of caster sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp of baking powder
- 380g of self raising flour
- 1tsp sea salt
- 260g of chocolate in chips or shards or lumps. If you don’t have chips just chop up a bar, of white, dark or milk, or throw in some M&Ms or smarties or whatever you have to hand. If you don’t like chocolate swap that out for sour cherries.
Preheat oven to 190.
Line a baking tray with baking paper.
Mix flour, salt, baking powder together.
Beat together the butter and sugar until combined and feeling light and creamy and pale.
Beat in eggs until fluffy.
Using a wooden spoon mix in the dry ingredients and the vanilla.
Stir in the chocolate and mix well so it’s even.
Scoop out approx 2 tablespoons of the mix into the baking paper. You can push to three if you like a real handful of cookie.
Bake for 10-15 minutes. Take them out when they look light brown and crisp at the edges.
Let them cool just enough to eat without the chocolate burning your tongue!
We would love to know if you make them, share you pictures with us on instagram @thegrocerylistuk