COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- We need it to provide you access and functions on the E-Directory and Platform
- It satisfies a legitimate interest (which is not overridden by your data protection interests), such as for research and development, to market and promote the platform and to protect our legal rights and interests;
- You give us consent to do so for a specific purpose; or
- We need to process your data to comply with a legal obligation.
If you have consented to our use of information about you for a specific purpose, you have the right to change your mind at any time, but this will not affect any processing that has already taken place.
Where we are using your information because we have a legitimate interest to do so, you have the right to object to that use though, in some cases, this may mean no longer using the E-Directory and Platform. If you wish to submit a subject access request or a request for erasure, please contact our data protection officer on firstname.lastname@example.org
In addition to personal information you provide, we may also collect information about you automatically when you visit the E-Directory and Platform or access content in our electronic communications with you.
Most internet browsers accept cookies automatically, but usually you can alter the settings of your browser to erase cookies or prevent automatic acceptance if you prefer. If you choose not to receive our cookies, you may not be able to use some of the core features of the E-Directory and Platform.
The information collected by cookies is not tied to your contact details (such as your name or email address), it only includes general information about your computer settings, your connection to the internet e.g. operating system and platform, IP address, your browsing patterns and timings of browsing on the Platform and geographical location.
USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
By using this A-Directory and Platform, you agree that we may collect, hold, process and use your information (including personal information) for the purpose of providing you with the E-Directory and Platform Services and developing our business which includes (without limitation):
- personalising your visits to the Platform and developing the design and style of the E-Directory and Platform to improve the services provided to you;
- contacting you if you have not finalised your order to follow up on your quote and/or to see if there was a problem with your use of the E-Directory and Platform;
- informing you about the latest changes to the E-Directory and Platform, products, services or promotional offers that you might find interesting;
- customer service and support;
- communicating (and personalising such communication) with you via telephone, email, SMS, in-app chat messaging or any other means available to us;
- enabling you to share our content with others e.g. using ‘Share this’ functionality;
- conducting market research; and/or
- carrying out technical and statistical analysis to measure the performance of our services and the Platform.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may share information about you with suppliers that we engage to help us provide certain services and/or functionality e.g online payment processing. We will use reasonable endeavours to control and be responsible for the use of your information by such suppliers.
KEEPING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION SECURE
We take the security of your personal information very seriously and have appropriate physical, technical and administrative procedures in place to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure as required by law in England.
ACCESSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
UNSUBSCRIBING FROM EMAILS
When requesting a Buyer or Supplier Membership to The Grocery List, or creating a Supplier Profile, or submitting your email address in order to access The Grocery List content you will be automatically opted in for transactional (emails about your activity and business management on the Platform) and marketing (content, editorial and promotional) emails. Transactional emails are necessary to operate your Account on the E-Directory and Platform and cannot be unsubscribed from. If you wish to unsubscribe from marketing emails please click on the unsubscribe link in the email or contact email@example.com
LAST REVISED: 13/07/2020