- A glug of olive oil
- 1 medium white onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 red peppers
- 1 400 g tin of chopped tomatoes
- 500 g beef mince
- 2 Tbsp tomato purée
- A glug of beef stock
- 1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 1 400 g tin of kidney beans
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- ¾ – 1 tsp salt, to taste
- ½ – 1 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
It’s a one pot solution for thermomixes, slow cookers, or just an old fashioned sauce pan will do.
1. Brown the mince and set to the side. For Chilli ‘non carne’ substitute the meat for white beans or Quorn.
2. Add the chopped onions and garlic with a little olive oil and cook gently until soft and translucent.
3. Add the herbs and spices and the browned mince back into the pot.
4. Add the tins of tomato and kidney beans and cook for 1 hour on a low heat.
5. Garnish with fresh coriander and some sour cream and serve with your favourite sides.